Thursday, June 30, 2005

I hate waiting in &^%$#@ traffic.

Some people who read this steaming pile of refuse have probably seen this before; back before I was blogging I occasionally sent out what I referred to as "The Rant of the Week". It was a one or two paragraph of whatever that
had pissed me off that particular day... Sitting next to the bathroom on an airliner for 3 hours, incompetent waiters, Yankees, Southerners, Foreigners, Democrats, bueraucrats, technocrats, doormats, brickbats and muskrats. They all drive me nutz...
Anyway-
A while back I was irritated by the behavior of some drivers during
afternoon rush hour traffic... and yesterday it happened again, so I thought
I'd resurrect the text from the rant-of-the-week, dust it off and share it
with y'all. Again.

Enjoy.

Uncle Jay's Rant of the Week-

Y’know what really pisses me off…
It’s people who are making themselves feel good at my expense.
You people know who you are.
You are the do-gooders that stop and let a car or five that is waiting to
enter the stream of traffic in, holding up that long string behind you.

Guess what? If you idiots didn'’t do it, that long line of traffic would move a hell of a lot faster, and there probably wouldn’'t be a traffic tie-up.
Then those folks could get out of their parking lot or side street just fine.

But no, Miss Goodie-two-shoes thinks to herself, I'’ll just motion two or
three cars out of that parking lot, holding up the twenty people behind me.
It gives me a warm and happy feeling.
Honey- If we were standing in line at a bank and you did that, you’'d get to hold your teeth in your pocket during the trip to the emergency room. God help you if pull that crap while waiting to go on a ride at Disney World.
What makes you think you can get away with the crap on the highway?

And the ones that really make me wish for some changes in the laws concerning the possession and utilization of handguns in motor vehicles, the yahoos that hold up traffic for folks wanting to make the turn across the lane and head the other direction. They hold up traffic until a break coming the other way. Meanwhile, we could’'ve all gone through the traffic light by now, on our way to a happy and productive life. Instead, this happy asshole has held up all of us, missing the cycle of traffic lights. He feels better, doing his part for the planet. In the eight cars stacked up behind him, people are visualizing how he would look as the centerpiece of a funeral service.
Preferably closed-casket.

Drive the car, Jerkwad.

TBG out-

No comments: