Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Busted.

Geez...

Isn't that the way it always goes...
The one time I take off and try to enjoy the ONLY event that has anything going on at this time and I get busted.

I got out of Bardonecchia at a reasonable time (4:45pm, after having been there since 5:30AM) and we (Mark, Dave K and Lacey) decided to go to the one location out in the mountains that there was an event going on- Womens Luge in Cesana Pariol. We got there just in time for the 1st run of the finals.

Luge isn't a great sport to see in person... You can only see one small part of the track, and the amount of time they (the competitors) are in your viewing area is only a few miliseconds.
One of the thing we found interesting to do was to try to capture the riders on camera as they go flying by. I have 30 or 40 frames of...ice and railings. No rider.
I do have three or four where I have the rider, or a piece of the rider...

As we were trying to shoot pictures, my cell phone rang. I didn't recognize the number that was calling.
"Hey, Lummox. Quit taking pictures at Luge and get back to work."
Huh? I didn't recognize the voice right off...
"Who is this?"
"This is Mitch. Quit goofing off and go back to work."
Mitch is at the IBC, in downtown Torino, handling traffic cop duty for the data and feeds...
If Mitch knows I'm here, that means, oh crap... I'm on one of the video feeds going back to NBC...
I looked around and saw we were right in line with one of the finishline cameras.
Every time they played the slo-mo of the finish turn, we were right there.


Do you like my "pinky extended" photography technique?


Amazing in the rings.

I just can't catch a break.

Famous out-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cry me a river, TBG. Mwah!