Wednesday, June 21, 2006

All good things come to an end, eventually.



Hunter has to depart the island early- soccer camp or some foolish thing with her friends, leaving her poor old broken-down father to fend for himself among the thong-wearing, surgically-enhanced, long-in-the-tooth Dixie Wentworths that invade the island daily.


She's been a great help to me- helping with the daily chores (if she actually wakes up before 10:30 or 11:00), running the register in the bookstore for the few hours we are open daily...
(Good training since I'm going to make her work at the Gap or some other trendy clothing place... I can't afford to clothe her... Have you looked at the price tag on girls fashions lately? Egads!)


Anyway- I shipped her off to Key West this afternoon... Her mom came down to to Key West to pick her up, now they are off to do some re-bonding... Out will come the tales of torture...
Making her row the boat for miles to deliver the bird to Bush Key...
Sweeping out the changing rooms, being handcuffed to the cash register all day...
O, the humanity...

She called me tonight... They are having dinner at The Meteor... Barbequed chicken and ribs.

She knows how to hurt her old man... I'm having a ham sandwich tonight.

I taught her well, eh?

Amazing, out-

No comments: