Saturday, July 15, 2006

Can you hear the arteries hardening?

I was recently reading through my list o' interesting blogs when I ran across a message full of random coments and statements by a girl named Jess in Memphis.
(A weblog full of Good Stuff, reminding me of my days as a DJ...)

One of her comments was "Why is being healthy more expensive than being out of shape and eating poorly?"

Excellent question.

I gave her a somewhat flippant answer in a comment I left, but I caught a commercial as I was flipping through the tube tonight and it bears some examination in regards to Jess' commentary.

The object in question:

KFC's Famous Bowl.



Have you seen this goodie?

From KFC's Website:
"Freshly prepared with layers of your KFC favorites - a generous serving of our creamy mashed potatoes, sweet kernel corn, bite size pieces of all-white meat crispy chicken, topped with our homestyle gravy and 3-cheese blend.
All the KFC favorites you know and love served in a convenient easy-to-eat bowl!"

St. Herbert Tarnower on a jumped-up pogo stick!

This thing is so bad for you, KFC won't put it on their (ha ha) nutritional calculator... The monstrosity must ring in at over 2500 calories... And the sodium and fat in this baby... Oooo doggie! It's a heart attack in a bowl...

This thing (and things like it) are exactly the reason, Jess...
"All the KFC favorites you know and love served in a convenient easy-to-eat bowl!"

Hey America, stop by KFC on your way down to your pharmacy to get that refill for Lipitor.

Amazing, out (to lunch) -

No comments: