Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Reef Fun

On one of my last days after Pete's departure, the folks on Garden Key remembered I was wasting my lonely days away on Loggerhead Key and tried to include me in their Reindeer Games.

Jeremy invited me to go along on a dive with him and Billy (the Interp Ranger on Garden Key) out to a spot or two off Loggerhead.
They dug up a BC in (mostly) my size, a tank, regualtor, every extra diving weight on the island and a dive computer and we were off to a nice 75-80 foot dive NorthWest of Loggerhead.
It was a huge stand of 20 to 30 foot pillar coral and huge humps of plate corals.
I wish I had a decent underwater camera because the coral formations were fantastic.
We took a 25 minute dive there, then went to a 25' deep spot due north of Loggerhead.
Much shallower dive and full of amazing scenery including a 150 pound Goliath grouper and one very aggressive barracuda.
All in all, a great pair of dives...

Thanks Jeremy, Billy!
I really appreciated the ride-along on that trip...

TBG out (of air, at 35 feet)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you really run dry at 35 ft?
How was the emergency assent new guy?

Bug

The Big Guy said...

Dude, it was a JOKE...

I haven't run out of air on a dive since I was 14.

And that's a LOOOONG time ago.

TBG