Sunday, July 06, 2008

Loggerhead Key - Beginning of Week 3

Greetings Constant Readers!

Once again I have stowed-away on the Patrol Boat and made my way to the office to check my e-mail and do a quick post to the 'site.

Just a few pics to post before the find me and ship me back to the Gulag Caretta Archipelago...

We've had several great light shows- nothing like last year's, though...


Light show over the north part of the Island


Lighning over the Fort


One more from the north.

Another storm from rolled across the islands... This shot was taken just before the Fort completely disappeared from view behind the curtain of rain...


Hope the campers have their rainflys up...heh.

Waterspouts... We got 'em.

When the clouds are low on the horizon it's always fun to watch for waterspouts.
These little tornados can be interesting to watch as they twist across the water. Most that I've seen down here are the little ones... But they can get pretty big.
I remember some monsters from when I was a kid up in the Keys...


A little twister west of Loggerhead...

Preview-

Uncle Jay is going to teach you a little something about surviving on a deserted island.
How to utilize coconuts in the wild...

To wit:
How to go from this-

to...

...this.
Strombus not included...

TBG out-

No comments: