Monday, December 07, 2009

They Are Ruining It For Everyone.

It's cold here in Vancouver...
(Y'think?)
We're staying at the Delta Suites in downtown VanCity...
It's a pretty nice place...no real issues until my morning ablutions.
I hit the shower in my hotel this morning...
I adjusted the controls, looking for that happy medium between "Hot" and "Damn, That's really hot!" that I enjoy.
(A hot shower is my version of a cup of coffee for waking up in the morning.)
Anyway...
I was having issues getting the water hot enough, and finally just set full-on "Hot" and what I got I would consider "Very Warm" .
I spoke to the Manager on duty at the front desk and asked WTF is up with the not-very-hot water.
He said they had the maximum tempature allowed by law in hotel bathtooms.
Appearently the Nanny State of British Columbia is protecting the idjits from themselves, and protecting the gubmint from litigation-happy asshats.
All at the expense of some poor sumbitch like Yours Truly who only wants a hot shower in the morning...

C'mon, BC... 110 degrees aint gonna cut it.
140 or 150 is not unreasonable...I'm not asking for 212 here.

TBG - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No comments: