Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Cold & Hot

Y'know...
it's probably pretty tasteless to complain about this, since all I see in my RSS reader is about how all the Constant Readers are freezing their parts off.
But dude...It's fucking roasting down here.


Serially.


Hot. Hothothot.

At least you folks back in the 'States can layer up. Just keep stacking it on.
3 T-Shirts, a sweat shirt, a hoodie, 2 jackets, a cable-knit sweater mom made for you that WAS 4 sizes too big, a parka and an overcoat.

That shit doesn't work down here...
There are only so many layers you can take off before you get a tap on the shoulder from a local policeman who wants to chat about why you are only dressed in sneakers, socks, a hat, sunscreen, and a knowing smile.

Cop: "Sir? We've had some complaints..."

For a place that has full frontal nudity on network TV during prime time, they sure have some odd notions of 'appropriate behavior behaviour'...

And now we just wait for a comment from Luc, a/k/a Captain Canada bitching about it being -30C and how he had to FINALLY go dig out the box of 'cool weather' attire and find a light jacket to wear to the lake this weekend.


(I think the hockey stick on the tactical sling really completes the picture.)


TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

5 comments:

Luc said...

THAT is what I'm wearing at the next comicon...awesome! Oh yeah, it's -30C blah blah. Gotta find my light jacket blah blah blah. Blah blah lake blah blah blah. (There. You happy now?)

The Big Guy said...

@Luc
Really? "Blah blah blah"?
That's the best you can come up with?
Tsk. I expected more.
Or at least some abuse...

And I know you'd like the Capt. Canada pic.
Heh.

Luc said...

Sorry. It was 6:18 in the fucking morning and hadn't drink my coffee yet. Anyway, excuse me while I go look for my sandals. Thermometer is now showing -10C.

Old NFO said...

LOL, I'm heading that way in two weeks... such fun...

The Big Guy said...

@Luc...
You're really not at top form until your had coffee, and a big plate of poutine and some smoked meat.

@ONFO-
Sydney/Down Under or Canada?