Friday, May 09, 2014

Biting the Bullet...

...As opposed to firing them.
(They are too damn expensive and scarce to shoot these days.)

So, I need to get back on the saddle and kick out some content...

(This being said after the third email I've received asking what was wrong, what's happened, why haven't you put anything up lately, etc.)

Truth is, I just haven't been motivated enough to cough up the words.
I have plenty of opinions, but writing up why the current political situation is so repellent to me, or why some or other social convention is so stupid is just not worth my time...

But- there are other observations to make, other stuff to share- so....


Let's ease back in to this... A little current events-

First- recent history-
I was up in Augusta at the nice golf course and things went passably well.
And... that's about all I can say about that.

While I was gone I sent the Japanese Space Vehicle into the shop for some much needed maintenance. The machine has been getting harder and harder to start, especially when the engine was warm- usually an indicator that a valve job is needed.
Flush and fill on the cooling system, oil change (which I'd usually do myself), and a valve job (which I can't do myself). $1,500 later I am back on two wheels.
It was a little steep, but lacking the time and talent involved in getting it done- screw it- I'll pay for it.
Let's see- what else...

Stuff I'm starting to get worried about: Smart Home Appliances...
I keep hearing about smart appliance that will be able to communicate different bits of information- the 'fridge texting you to say you're out of milk, etc.

This cannot be a good trend...















I'm really not ready for technology that is smarter than I am... Between the Woman, the Perfect Child, and the Dark Menace, I have enough of an inferiority complex as it is...

All right... I'll try to keep this thing churning as much as I can...

Some content from Daily Dot

TBG- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

3 comments:

Luc said...

Welcome back. You were missed. And I too, came that close to fire up an email to inquire about your long absence. But, thank God for Brigid who I turned too while your doing God knows what. Boy does that woman write well. And she has pictures of Black Labs! Black Labs man!

Old NFO said...

Welcome back... Too bad you missed NRA... :-)

Unknown said...

Good to have a big part of my morning reading back.